Tuesday 16 October 2012

Beauty Essentials



'Putting ma face on and gettin' my huuur did...'

So I decided to do a post on what it is my make-up bag, my go-to-go daily products and beauty essentials I could not live without! I'm not big on trying out loads of beauty products. Personally, I find them too expensive to just leave in a bag and use occasionally.  So any product I do buy is purchased on the basis of a good write-up and used to death!

My make-up bag is pretty simple. I mix between two foundations, NARS sheer glow foundation(barcelona-6046)and MAC studio tech compact foundation (nc42). The MAC foundation is a lot heavier so is usually used for dinner, a night out or on stage. I either bronze it up with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in 'Give me Sun' or use a berry toned powder blush, also by MAC in 'plum foolery' (this colour has been a staple in my bag for the last 5 years). My day look on the eyes is often a flick of a gel liner, it's usually MAC fluid-line (but managed to come across a really cheap one in Penny's for a euro- and works just as well) and some Maybelline mascara. My night eyes are often a blend of the Urban Decay Naked palette or a smoky eye achieved through various MAC shadow colours.


Lipstick is my guilty make-up pleasure and I tend to rock any colour that my skin colour will allow me too. My three favourite colours I will be rocking this winter are the MAC 'rebel' (a deep purple/pink), 'half and half' (a deep nude) and Topshop 'ohh la la' (a coral red/orange). What colours are your rocking this A/W?


Make-up essentials!


My Hair essentials are Kérastase shampoo, Batiste dry shampoo (for those days where your just too busy), L’Oréal Elnett hairspray (I am currently growing out a fringe, so the hair is often in a quiff...such a pain), a Tangle Teezer (one of the only brushes that can tame my frizz prone hair) and Moroccan oil.


Hair essentials

My Skin care essentials are pretty basic. I suffer from eczema so I'm limited to the products I can use on my body and face. Palmer's Coca Butter (smells utterly divine!), Aqueous cream- found at any chemist/pharmacy (the only cream that keeps my skin moist) and Vaseline. 
Skin essentials!



What are your beauty essentials? Are there any a/w beauty looks your excited to try out?



No comments:

Post a Comment